Tuesday 9 November 2010

* A Clockwork Orange - 70s fashion.



I know this is not the nicest of films so I was surprised but how much it seemed to influence me, I think because it was set in the late seventies I was paying more attention to the fashion and style of the camera work. One of the main factors which seemed to jump out at me was the irony of the film (the violence vs the classical music such as Beethoven & William Tell), in my head I already had this kind of theme in my own work, the irony not the violence, so I thought it was relevent. For example the relationship between the 1960s and 70s with the 21st century always strikes me as ironic as the youth of today always seem to be trying to get away from their parents and 'old ideologies' whereas in fashion vintage has made such a huge come back and a lot of the latest trends have just been recycled from earlier periods. Alex also comes across as a victim of the modern age in the film which I think is relevant to the younger teenagers and adults of today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment