Friday 24 September 2010

* Mixed Media

This was a selection of images which helped illustrate my initial ideas of mixed media. My plan for the project was to develop my photographic skills but by my final piece have a piece of photographic artwork which combined illustration, mixed media and photography. 


The above image is my favourite out of the selection. I really like the idea of replacing heads with other mediums and will definitely be trying this in my own work. I also like the combination of pretty illustration, portraiture  and text. 


This image is a little too contemporary for me however I like the combination of clocks and drawing to create a surreal almost Dali style image. 


This isn't a very visually appealing image however it's very cleverly edited and layered to create this technique. I definitely would like to develop my own photoshop skills to create similar images. 

(THE SMOKING EDITS WITH THE WHITE FACE, SMOKE WHICH THEN DEVELOPS INTO A CLOUD WAS INSPIRED BY THE ROAD TURNING ALMOST INTO MATERIAL IN THIS IMAGE.)



I really love this image, this is the style of illustration I would like to incorporate into my final pieces. I like the pretty illustrations but the colours and tones, work so well with the composition and model and its almost impossible to tell if the tattoos are real or just an extension of the illustration.


Definitely would like to used to curved seventies style images in my own work, like the combination of natural form and more mixed media style. Also like the how the series has been presented. In my own work and final images I will be thinking in a similar way of the best way to present my work. 


This image is very magazine collage style, I like the white blanked out faces and would like to try this in my own work, I also wanted to incorporate the felt tip style patterns. 


I like the drawing style used in this image, and would like to try some illustration work myself. 

1 comment: