Monday 13 September 2010

* Steven Meisel

Steven Meisel could be considered one of the most iconic fashion photographers of all time, and easily remains one of the photographers all models aspire to work. He has also shot every Italian vogue cover since 1988 and was responsible for the images of Madonna in her famous yet controversial book Sex. 


This is probably one of my favourite Meisel images, it seems very ironic for a fashion photograph however I like the complicated almost documentary style composition although if the image was in colour it would definitely be too detailed. 






These next two images remind me of a similar shoot I did for GCSE, there is something very romantic about water and the wistfulness of the images. 


 I really like the movement portrayed in this image. 


These next two images (above and below) were may main focus when I was researching Meisel. I was looking into his use of composition and pattern, and used these images for my inspiration for shoot 5. 



                            

















Also the above images had a documentary style feel, I would like to use similar compositions and techniques in my own work for example the black and white and the natural poses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment